Job done away from home! RB Leipzig defeat TSG 1899 Hoffenheim 1-0 and celebrate their second away win of the season.
It was an intense game with little action at either goalmouth. The hosts enjoyed the better game for long spells, but Yussuf Poulsen broke the deadlock with what proved to be the only goal of the game on the hour mark.
With a strong defence in front of the reliable Péter Gulácsi, the team saw out the victory and remain in third place behind Leverkusen and FC Bayern.
+++ Player news +++
- Yussuf Poulsen scored his fourth goal of the season, and with three assists leads the team in goal involvements.
- Péter Gulácsi registered a clean sheet for the fifth time this season.
- With just nine goals conceded, Leipzig remain the team with the best defence in the league.
- Willi Orban made his 100th Bundesliga appearance for RB Leipzig.
- Ibrahima Konaté (61') and Justin Kluivert (72') had to leave the game due to injury.