- "I'm very happy with the team's performance today. We had a good game over the full 90 minutes. In the first half, Schalke didn't make it easy for us to create chances they blocked a lot.
Then we scored the important opening goal from a set piece on the stroke of half time. In the second half, S04 gave us a bit more space. It was a very strong and concentrated game from us with nice goals. The victory was very well deserved.
Nordi Mukiele is a guy who is always laughing and very cheerful. He always wants to improve and still has potential to develop even further. He defended really well and was effective against Harit today. He is an outstanding player who always has good ideas and he's also brave. In addition to that, he has a positive level of madness!"
- "We expected an intense game with a lot of duels and we lived up to it. We were resilient from the first minute, found good solutions and were focused. It was a deserved win in the end.Another key was that we were very alert defensively; our defence when in possession and our pressing were absolutely right.
- If I had to criticise something from our performance today, it would be that we weren't efficient enough in the first 15 minutes of the second half. We could have converted some of the chances into goals."
- "It was not an easy game today. The first half was even, and the small details made the difference in the end. Today it was our good set pieces.Set pieces situations can decide close games like today, that's why we focus on them often in training.The goal just before the half-time whistle gave us a lot of momentum and confidence for the second half. However, we know that we needed to score more goals so it wouldn't be a scrap at the end. We're pleased that everything worked out."
- "We're on a good run at the moment and want to keep it up. Next up is Augsburg on Friday. We'll have to give our all again. We know that we're on a good path, but we also know that we still have a lot of hard work to do.
In the last few weeks, we've had games with a lot of goalscoring chances. Today we did very well in that regard, making better use of our opportunities. I'm really pleased that we've taken a step forward in that respect. That's important for the upcoming games."