Ain't stopping now! After a successful Champions League Group Stage, RB Leipzig have reached the Last 16 after securing a second-place finish.
In the draw for the next round, which was held in Nyon on Monday, RB Leipzig were drawn against Liverpool.
Sporting director Markus Krösche:
- "It's definitely a difficult task. Liverpool have a strong team and a lot of experience, especially in the Champions League. It was obvious that we were going to come up against a big team and we'll do everything we can to bring our style of play to the field against Liverpool and try to reach the quarter-finals. We've shown that we can beat top sides. Above all, this season in the group stage we pulled off some impressive results.
- We have an extraordinary year behind us with regard to the Champions League. Last season, we reached the semi-finals and knocked out teams like Tottenham and Atlético with our very young side. This season, we did really well to get out of a very tough group, which is impressive. In doing so, we were able to do justice to our performance last year and that's a big success for us.
- Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Manchester City
- Lazio vs Bayern Munich
- Atlético Madrid vs Chelsea
- RB Leipzig vs Liverpool
- Porto vs Juventus
- Barcelona vs Paris Saint-Germain
- Sevilla vs Borussia Dortmund
- Atalanta Bergamo vs Real Madrid
Rules to remember:
Teams from the same country cannot be drawn against each other in the Round of 16, which means we cannot face our fellow Bundesliga sides, FC Bayern München, Borussia Dortmund and Borussia Mönchengladbach.
In addition, the teams entering the last 16 from the same group cannot be drawn against each other in the first knockout round, which rules out another clash with PSG.
As runners up of our group, RB Leipzig can only be paired with group winners in the draw.
The draw took place on Monday, 14th December. The first legs of the Round of 16 ties will be carried out on the 15th and 16th February 2021, the second legs a month later on the 16th and 17th March 2021.
As group runners up, we will be at home in the first leg.
A look at Liverpool:
Back to England! After defeating Tottenham Hotspur in the same round of last season's competition, as well as progressing out of this season's Group Stage ahead of Manchester United, another trip to the UK awaits as RB Leipzig draw defending English Champions Liverpool, coached by Jürgen Klopp.
The Reds have won the English top flight on 19 occasions, along with 7 FA Cups and 8 League Cups. Liverpool have lifted the Cup Winners' Cup and UEFA Champions League a combined six times, while winning the UEFA Cup three times.
Since its foundation, the club has played its home games at Anfield.