Another home win! The Roten Bullen record their sixth win in their sixth competitive game at the Red Bull Arena (four in the Bundesliga) and overcome SC Freiburg 3-0.
The team dominated the first half and took the lead through Ibrahima Konaté after a well-worked free kick routine involving four players (26'). The visitors came more into the game in the second half, but the second goal came at the right time when Marcel Sabitzer converted from the spot (70'). The final goal was a fine one from Angelino, who left the goalkeeper with no chance, firing a free-kick into the top corner from 25 metres (89').
2-1 against Paris, 3-0 against Freiburg – RBL start the international break on a high, before club football returns with ten games in 30 days.
+++ Team News +++
- Ibrahima Konaté opened the scoring with his first goal since 27th January 2019.
- Marcel Sabitzer doubled the lead with a penalty, which was his second goal of the season.
- Péter Gulcácsi recorded his third clean sheet of the season.
- Marcel Halstenberg was due to start the game put suffered an adductor problem in the warm up. Angelino took his place at left back.
- Emil Forsberg made his 100th Bundesliga appearance for the club. Our number 10 has 21 goals and 36 assists in those games.
- Nordi Mukiele's appearance was his 50th for RBL in the Bundesliga, but was subtituted off at half time after picking up a knock.
- Benjamin Henrichs completed 45 minutes after overcoming a slight knee injury.