An important win in the Champions League group stage! With a narrow, but deserved 2-1 win over Paris Saint-Germain, RB Leipzig have moved into second place in Group H. It was Leipzig's second win in their third group stage game.
Our team needed some time to find their way into the game, falling behind early on through a goal from Angel di Maria (6').
Péter Gulácsi denied di Maria from the spot shortly after (16'). Leipzig continued to improve as the game progressed, showing a great fighting spirit.
Christopher Nkunku scored the equaliser shortly before half with a great shot from range (42'). In the 57th minute, Emil Forsberg stepped up to convert a penalty after a hand ball in the box, with his strike proving to be the winning one.
+++ Team news +++
- Christopher Nkunku scored his first goal in the UEFA Champions League when he equalised to make it 1-1.
- Emil Forsberg scored his seventh UCL goal (RBL record) when he converted a penalty to put Leipzig 2-1 ahead.
- Amadou Haidara returned to the starting XI after recovering from the Coronavirus.
- Nordi Mukiele also returned to the lineup after time out with a muscle strain.
- Tyler Adams also picked up minutes after a spell on the sidelines with injury.
- The PSG game came too early for Marcel Halstenberg who is recovering from an adductor injury.