We’re in the LAST 16! RB Leipzig defeat Manchester United 3-2 in the UEFA Champions League to progress out of Group H into the knockout rounds!
The Roten Bullen raced into a two-goal lead thanks to strikes from Angelino (2’) and Amadou Haidara (13’). The English record champions looked to bounce back after the change of ends, but Justin Kluivert increased the lead in the 69th minute..
Manchester United pulled a goal back from the penalty spot through Bruno Fernandes (80'), and Paul Pogba headed in two minutes later, with each goal coming in questionable circumstances. Despite the threat, the boys dug deep and held on to secure the victory.
FOR THE SECOND CONSECUTIVE YEAR, WE’RE AMONG THE BEST 16 TEAMS IN EUROPE!
WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT AND WHAT A STATEMENT OF OUR JOURNEY.
+++ Player news +++
- Marcel Sabitzer made his 200th competitive appearance for RB Leipzig, becoming the third player to reach this milestone at the club after Yussuf Poulsen and Diego Demme..
- Angelino was at his brilliant best, contributing a goal and an assist. He has now been involved in six goals in six group stage games (3 goals, 3 assists).
- Amadou Haidara scored the UEFA Champions League goal of his career.
- Justin Kluivert scored his first Champions League goal for RB Leipzig.
- After missing out tonight due to a yellow-card suspension, Dayot Upamecano will be able to feature in the round of 16.