Head coach Julian Nagelsmann:
- "We aren't 100 per cent happy with our performance today. You could tell that some players were a bit tired. We did a great job in the first half but we let off a bit after scoring the second goal. But, we didn't really allow them any chances, so in the end it's alright.
We wouldn't have picked up any more points if we'd played nicer football, so I'm pleased, even though it could have been more attractive for the fans. Now we have to carry on, and play some more good football against Hertha on Saturday.
- Angel is the kind of person who wants to play and always wants to win. Win, win and win. Everyone in the team knows how uncomfortable he can get when the ball isn't at his feet. He never wants to stop playing - he's almost as bad as me. At the end of each training session, he always wants to carry on. He's been very well formed as a players and is always willing to listen. His first goal was world class.
- It was important for me that Ibou Konate got some minutes today and works towards finding his rhythm again. He was good and did a number of things well. For his first game back after a long time, I'm very pleased with him. It wasn't about putting in a top performance straight away - he still has some things to do, which is normal after an injury break like his. It was important that he could come on and relieve the workload on Willi and Upa."
- "We played well during the first half. In the second, we changed our formation a bit and misplayed our passes. We're pleased to have kept a clean sheet. Of course, I'm also happy with my goals - the team have created plenty of chances for me to score over the past few weeks. So, thanks guys! We're trying to improve from game to game. For now, our focus is on Saturday's Bundesliga game against Hertha BSC."
- "We were good during the first half and created good chances - we could have scored even more goals! Even though we didn't, we're still pleased.
I'm happy to be doing well and getting game time. I feel good here at Leipzig and hope that things continue on the way they have been!"
- "We told ourselves we wanted to get three points today, which we managed to do. We didn't have a great game, and can definitely do better, which we'll look to do against Hertha this Saturday. We weren't calm on the ball and didn't move enough in midfield. You could see that we needed to be more active in possession. It was evident that we were a bit tired. We definitely could have scored more goals. It can definitely continue like this for us, and we owe a huge compliment to Angelino. No matter if he's playing at left back or up front, he's got that killer instinct. We need someone like that on the wings - he's great!"