RB Leipzig welcome FC Augsburg to the Red Bull Arena on Friday evening (kick off 20:30 CET). On what is set to be a cold night, the boys will want to bring a blistering performance and secure three more points.
Head coach Julian Nagelsmann spoke at the virtual press conference, discussing the upcoming game as well as team news.
Julian Nagelsmann on ...
... the upcoming game against FC Augsburg:
- "FC Augsburg is a team that is extremely hard-working and very strong on the counterattack. Even though they have not won many games recently, they are a side with a lot of quality. On the pitch, there is a very short distance from player to player and they are very compact in defence. Their fast counterattacks are very dangerous, so we have to be extremely alert. We are looking to win the upcoming match and consolidate our second-place position in the table.."
... Training in the cold:
- "Of course, it's getting cold out on the pitches, but the team has been training very well recently, with a lot of energy and passion. The coaching team and I have to dress a little warmer because we don't move as much as the players. Having warm feet is key! But overall, we're all coping quite well with the cold temperatures."
... full back Angeliño:
- "Angeliño is a really good player who is a very part of our game. From the very beginning, Angel has played a key role for us and although he has already developed very well and quickly, he still has a lot of potential. He is always looking for new ways to improve and and that is really impressive."
... current team strengths:
- "Our team spirit is what makes us stand out at the moment. We bring aggression both on and off the ball. We are very hungry to score, but we also have a determination and desire to avoid conceding. We also have the right balance of attacking players and defensive players..
And I'm extremely pleased with the team's mentality towards keeping clean sheets at all costs. Narrow 1-0 victories are very important for us as a team."
+++ Team news ++
- Konrad Laimer returned to the training pitch for the first time on Wednesday to complete his rehab session.
- Dominik Szoboszlai also completed individual training sessions on the pitch. Both are on the road to recovery, but it is not yet possible to make any predictions as to when they will be fit for action again.
- Justin Kluivert (ankle) was able to participate in all exercises of his rehab program on Wednesday. If he is able to take part in the final training session on Thursday, he will also be a squad option for the match against Augsburg.
- Emil Forsberg is making good progress. The goal is still the Liverpool game. He should rejoin training on Sunday.
- Benny Henrichs is completing more and more parts of team training and his movements are improving. He is due to make a full return during the month.