Head coach Julian Nagelsmann:
- "It was a well-deserved victory for us. The start wasn't easy but after the qualiser, it was a good first half from us with a lot of good attacks. Their red cards wasn't a clear advantage for us; they started to sit deeper. However, we still played well and deservedly got the victory. We had a good amount of scoring chances- the game wasn't as close as the scoreline implies
Competition is the reason we're players and coaches. If there's something to play for, you're always more up for it. When you win, it makes the sacrifices a lot easier to deal with."
- "I'm delighted with my comeback. I was really well prepared and worked really well with our rehab coach, who got me in great condition.
Overall we were the better team. With one more player, we did well and deserved to win in the end."
- "It was a game that demanded a lot from us and was therefore an important victory. It felt great to make my debut. I'm looking forward to more minutes."
- "We controlled the game, pressed well and created good chances - we could have maybe done better with them.
I'm pleased to have made my first start but what's more important is the victory and that we're still top of the table."
- "It definitely wasn't our best game today, but all things considered it is a good win, which was deserved. Hertha BSC didn't have any clear scoring chances. We defended well at the back.
On Wedneday against Manchester United we need more ball security and more efficiency going forward. We can't shy away from anything. Personally, I'm really looking forward to the game."