The games are coming thick and fast! On Wednesday night (9pm CET kick-off), RB Leipzig will be playing their second Champions League game of the season. Away at Old Trafford, Julian Nagelsmann and his men will be aiming to continue their unbeaten start to the season.
He and captain Marcel Sabitzer spoke to the press ahead of Wednesday night's game.
Julian Nagelsmann on...
- "Manchester United have not exactly started the season well, but they are on the right track. You can never be sure how they're going to play. They defended deep against Chelsea, but they pressed high up the pitch against PSG. I think it will be a mixture of both tomorrow. The team has a lot of quality and is very aggressive. We need to be tight at the back.
- "After our strong start to the season, in the Bundeslig and in the Champions League, we can certainly be confident ahead of tomorrow's game. We've come here to win, and we don't need to hide from Manchester United. That's our attiude at the moment. We want to go into the game against PSG with six points in the bag. That is absolutely possible."
Marcel Sabitzer on...
- "Even though we played against a Premier League side last season in Tottenham Hotspur, we know that these games cannot be compared. It will be a tough game against Manchester United. We've prepared well.
I don't know yet whether I'll be able to play 90 minutes. We will have to see how long the coach thinks I can play."
+++ Squad news +++
- Nordi Mukiele has stayed at home in Leipzig and will train individually there. He had to be taken off with muscular problems against Hertha BSC on Saturday. Julian Nagelsmann hopes he will be available against Gladbach come next Saturday.
- Tyler Adams is suffering from a knee injury. The coaches will wait until after the final training session to decide whether it makes sense to play him.
- Kevin Kampl is fit and an option to play agaisnt Manchester United.