The 31-year-old has developed into one of the best goalkeepers in the Bundesliga and Europe over the past few years, as well as cementing his spot as Hungary's first choice (37 caps, 11 clean sheets). He was also named as Hungary's Footballer of the Year in 2019.
Pete is a leading figure in Leipzig and has been vice-captain this season. He is a key reason for the side's strong defence. This season alone, Péter Gulácsi has kept 20 clean sheets in 42 competitive matches.
- "The club and I have been on a special journey together since 2015, from the second division to the Champions League semi-finals and next week to the final of the DFB-Pokal once again. It has been and still is an incredible and very successful time and we want to continue it together. My family and I feel incredibly at home here - at the club, the city and the region. Leipzig has become a second home for us and the atmosphere of feeling good is exactly what is important for me to bring my best-possible performances.
My wife and I always get goosebumps looking back to the cup match against FC Bayern in 2017, when there were Gulácsi chants for the first time. That was a very special moment that showed me how much our fans are behind me. I'm proud to have earned this support and I'm looking forward even more to games that can take place with fans in the stadium again.The work together with Frederik Gößling is very good and we are a team that works well and is, above all, very ambitious. It's even nicer for me to be able to tackle the coming years at RB Leipzig with Freddy at my side and I'm looking forward to everything that is to come - because we still have a lot ahead of us!"
Commerical Director for Sport:
- "We are really pleased to have extended both contracts so that we can continue the successful work with both Pete and goalkeeping coach Freddy Gößling. The discussions over the past few days were really positive and fair.We are proud that Péter Gulacsi has been a big part of our journey so far and that by 2025 he will have been at RB Leipzig for 10 years. Pete is a real team player and is highly valued by everyone at the club and the fans due to his sporting and personal qualities. We want to reach our ambitious aims together with him, so we're happy that he has committed himself long term to RB Leipzig."
- "Péter Gulácsi is an important part of the team both on and off the pitch. Since becoming RB Leipzig's first-choice goalkeeper, Pete has constantly developed and is now one of the best keepers in Europe, especially because of his shotstopping and presence in the box. We're really pleased that he's staying here until 2025.
222 games | 72 clean sheets (every third game)
Debut on 27th October 2015 (DFB-Pokal second round)
162 games | 56 clean sheets | 2 assists
- 2. Bundesliga:
14 games | 3 clean sheets
15 games | 7 clean sheets
- UEFA Champions League:
24 games | 4 clean sheets
- UEFA Europa League:
6 games | 1 clean sheet
Correct as of 7th May 2021
- 2016: Promoted to the Bundesliga
- 2016/17: Bundesliga runner-up
- 2019 & 2021: Reached the DFB-Pokal
- 2019: Hungary's Footballer of the Year (37 caps, 11 clean sheets to date)
- 2020: Reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League