The 22-year-old wore the RBL colours a total of 97 times (95 for the first team), scoring four goals and providing one assist.
We say MERCI and wish you a successful time in the Premier League!
- "I had a fantastic time with RB Leipzig. In 2017, it was a very big step for me to move for France to Germany. From the very beginning, the club showed the all-important trust in me and gave me the necessary time to settle in and develop.
Even during my injuries, I've had full support. I'm very grateful for these special four years, which have been very influential for me as as a young player well as the club.
Now I'm looking forward to a new chapter at Liverpool and of course, I'm hoping for a reunion on the international stage."
Commercial Director for Sport:
- "We would like to thank Ibrahima Konaté for the successful time we've had together. Ibou joined as a promising player on a free transfer in 2017 and has since developed into a top defender here, which is reflected in his market value; we're now benefitting from that.
In addition to his footballing quality, Ibou was a very pleasant, friendly and reliable teammate, colleague and friend for many at this club.
We're confident when looking ahead to the new season, despite this departure. In Mohamed Simakan and Joško Gvardiol, we've already made two early defensive signings who had been able to compensate for potential outgoings with appropriate quality.Despite these transfers, the planning for the club is far from complete. We will go into the new season with a powerful squad that is hungry for success."
- Name: Ibrahima Konaté
- Date of birth: 25/05/1999 (Paris)
- Age: 22 years
- Nationality: French
- Height: 1.94 metres
- Position: Centre back
- Total: 97 games | 4 goals | 1 assist
- Bundesliga: 66 games | 2 goals | 1 assists
- Champions League: 8 games
- Europa League: 7 games | 1 goal
- Europa League qualification: 6 games | 1 goal | 1 assist
- DFB Pokal: 8 games
- UEFA Youth League: 1 game
- U19 Bundesliga: 1 game
DFB Pokal runner-up: 2019, 2021
Champions League semi-finalist: 2020