Perfect end to a great year of football! RB Leipzig defeated FC Augsburg 3-0 in what was their 43rd competitive game of 2020 in the second round of the DFB-Pokal and book their place in the round of 16.
The boys were unplayable in the opening 25 minutes and Willi Orban headed in the opener. It could have been more, with Leipzig creating numerous chances to score.
The Roten Bullen continued where they left off after the break and goals from Yussuf Poulsen (75') and Angelino (82') completed the 3-0 victory.
The round-of-16 draw will be made on 3rd January from 17:30 CET, with the games to be played on the 2nd and 3rd February.
+++ Match facts +++
- Angelino assisted the first goal for Willi Orban, before scoring the third goal. The full back has now scored in all competitions and leads the team with 14 goal involvements (8 goals, 6 assists).
- Yussuf Poulsen scored his second goal in the DFB-Pokal this season.
- Dani Olmo assisted the second goal for Poulsen and now has 6 assists across all competitions (most in team).
- Péter Gulácsi recorded another clean sheet and now has nine clean sheets for the 20/21 season.
- Lazar Samardzic came on as an 88th-minute substitute to make his return after being infected with COVID-19.
- Youth talents: Eric Martel made his professional debut in the 88th minute; Dennis Borkowski made his DFB-Pokal debut.
- Lukas Klostermann returned to the matchda squad after two months out through injury.
- RBL have reached the DFB-Pokal round of 16 for the fourth time.