- "We were the better team and deserved to win. Looking ahead, playing really well is sometimes less important as long as we are picking up the points to achieve our goals. Every point is important and we're pleased to have come away with all three today."
- "It's not easy to play against an opponent who sets themself up to play long balls and win set pieces. Augsburg were very, very hardworking today. You have to be patient and work out how to win by adapting your game - it's not so easy. We gave the ball away too easily at times and also made simple mistakes in our build-up play. But we were deserved winners today."
- "Yussi's goal was a beautiful one and will likely be among the ones nominated for Goal of the Month. It's a difficult strike to pull off, especially with your left foot - a really nice goal.“
- "With Benjamin Henrichs, you could see that he hasn't played that position much and needs a little bit of time to get used to it, but that is completely normal. I really liked his commitment and his strength when tracking back. He did the tricky things today and worked really hard. In the second half, he was a lot more secure in attack as well."
- "Against Augsburg it is always difficult to create clear scoring chances. However we had clear opportunities and were the better team. I think we were deserved winners today. For us, it's about carrying out our gameplan and playing a good game. That's what we did today, controlling the game over long stretches and deservedly take three points back to Leipzig.
I felt good and fresh. I'm really pleased with my goal. The ball from Dani Olmo came right into my path and I just thought I'd hit it. I only know that it was my first touch - I couldn't tell you how many seconds it was!"
- "It was a tough game, and we made a few errors in the first half. After that, it was a good performance. The most important thing is that we picked up the three points.
Dani Olmo knew that I often attack the far post - we'd spoken about that during the week.
That's how my goal came about and I'm pleased with it. Now we have to stay on the ball and continue to work hard."
- "I think it was quite a good game from us, but we could have done better during certain phases. Midway through the second half we lost the ball quite a lot and missed chacnes to play a pass. That needs to change in the future.
I'd played in each game but got 90 minutes for the first time today. The most important thing for me is to build up my minutes in order to help the team as best as I can. At the moment I'm being used in a number of different positions, which is tiring, yet enjoyable."