Angeliño signs until 2025! After second loan spell, RB Leipzig have activated the purchase option on Angeliño from Manchester City and tie the attacking full back down to a long-term contract.
The 24 year old signed on loan from Manchester City in January 2020 and quickly found his feet in Julian Nagelsmann's side. The full back has played over 40 games for the club since signing and has been an important factor in the team's successful year with nine goals and an impressive 16 assists!
We're pleased to be able to carry on seeing you on the pitch, Angel!
Sporting director Markus Krösche:
- "Angel needed little time to settle in with us and adjusted to our playing style from the beginning, also helping us achieve our goals in the Champions League. He hit the ground running with us, and therefore we're very happy that he will carry on wearing the RB Leipzig shirt."
Head coach Julian Nagelsmann:
- "Angeliño is an extremely good player who is very important for our game. From the start, he played a key role for us and although he's already developed very well and very quickly, he still has a lot more potential. He always wants to find new ways to improve, which is very impressive."
- Name: José Ángel Esmorís Tasende
- Date of birth: 4th January 1997 in Coristanco (Spain)
- Age: 24 years
- Height: 1.70 metres
- Foot: left
- Position: left wing back
- Shirt number: 3
Statistics for RB Leipzig:
- Overall: 46 games | 9 goals | 16 assists
- Bundesliga: 32 games | 5 goals | 8 assists
- UEFA Champions League: 10 games | 3 goals | 5 assists
- DFB-Pokal: 4 games | 1 goal | 3 assists