- "I am very happy with our performance and the result. I think we deserved it in the end. We kept our composure after going behind and were rewarded.
- We generally did well against Zenit's aerial balls, which are not always easy to defend against. If we win again in St. Petersburg in two weeks time then we'll be in a great position for the rest of the group stage."
- "It was hard work but we were the better team overall and scored two beautiful goals. We played with more confidence after the break and came up with the solutions we needed.
- It's crazy how quickly I have reached 150 games for RB Leipzig. Milestones like this are always special for us players. I am proud to have been here for so long already."
- "It was an awesome game - especially in the second half. What's great is that we put what we had planned before into action. I couldn't ask for a better birthday present.
- We have a strong team and everyone played well today, as you can see from the result. We need to continue to play like this!"
- "We started the second half really well and you could tell that the whole team really wanted to win. We deserved our two goals, in my opinion.
- Of course, I am delighted to have scored my first Champions League goal. The combination play with Sabi in the build-up worked really well."