After victory in the Champions League, Die Roten Bullen are back hunting three points in the Bundesliga this weekend! RB Leipzig travel to SV Werder Bremen on Saturday at 18:30 CEST.
Julian Nagelsmann addressed the media in his pre-match press conference on Friday to talk about the fixture and the latest personnel news.
- "There will be some rotation against Bremen, but not loads. Not playing until Saturday evening is slightly beneficial, as it gives us more time to recover. We also have plenty of time to recharge the batteries next week with no Champions League fixtures. I'm not a fan of putting six or seven new players into a side though because that would risk us losing our stability. We're aiming to bring all three points back home from Bremen.
Werder have a number of injury problems, but that also offers a chance foe some of the U23s who want to become professionals. As a young player, you really want to prove yourself, so that could actually be a help to them mentally.
We have never won in Bremen before, but we want to change that tomorrow. My gut feeling is that we will get the victory tomorrow."
- Konrad Laimer could be in contention for Saturday despite bruising his ankle against Benfica.
- Marcel Halstenberg took a knock to his hip against Benfica and is a doubt for the game in Bremen.
- Ibrahima Konaté is a doubt after suffering some ciruclation problems on Thursday.
- Yussuf Poulsen is expected to stay behind in Leipzig, as his partner is due to give birth.
- Tyler Adams, Hannes Wolf (both strength training), Kevin Kampl and Patrik Schick (both ankle) will miss out against Werder.
- Saturday's referee will be Tobias Stieler from Hamburg.