- "Artem Dzyuba can take the ball down from the air extremely well and he is ridiculously good with his head all around. Zenit play down the wing a lot and their link up play is very good. They often defend with a high line and are very compact. Their biggest strengths are the two attackers who score or assist practically all of their goals. If we play well, however, we've got good chances of winning the game."
- "We have analysed what we did well and what we did not do so well in the previous games. Despite results of late, we are on the right track. I am certain we can continue to take small steps in order to be even more successful.
We want to take all three points at home and beat the group leaders to put us in a good position ahead of the away game.
It won't be easy though, because Zenit are a very experienced team whose defence are really compact. They try to put a lot of crosses in and have a quality forward in Artem Dzyuba waiting in the middle. If we play well as a team, we can stop Zenit!."
- Marcel Halstenberg trained individually but is a doubt for the game agaisnt Zenit.
- Ethan Ampadu (concussion) is not an option for Wednesday.
- Patrik Schick and Ibrahima Konaté are still out with injuries
- Tyler Adams and Hannes Wolf are both unavailable with long-term injuries.
- Ali Palabiyik from Turkey will be the referee.