Top of the table clash at the Red Bull Arena! RBL host second-placed VfL Wolfsburg on matchday 8 of this Bundesliga season. After a draw at Leverkusen last time out, the Bulls will be hoping to win all three points on Saturday to stay in the battle for first place.
In this morning's press conference, head coach Julian Nagelsmann gave his thoughts on the upcoming match and spoke about his squad's current availability.
head Coach Julian Nagelsmann:
- "I am not surprised that VfL Wolfsburg have started the season so well. They're a good team. The fact they are yet to lose a game this season speaks for itself - it's extraordinary.
Wout Weghorst is a technically gifted player who also drops back and helps in midfield as well. We have to stop crosses from reaching him because his size and phsicality make him very difficult to defend against.
Our counterattacks weren't going according to plan in previous games but we already worked on that ahead of the Leverkusen match. Now it's about making sure we convert our chances."
- "Wolfsburg are playing with a lot of confidence at the moment because they've had such a good start to the season.
We are expecting it to be an exciting game and I'm sure the fans are too. We will have to work hard off the ball and strike when we get the chance."
+++ Team News +++
- Emil Forsberg could make his 150th RB Leipzig appearance.
- Matheus Cunha has returned from international duty and joined training today.
- Kevin Kampl trained without any discomfort and is an option for Saturday.
- Patrik Schick has suffered an injury to his right ankle.
- Ethan Ampadu will miss the game against Wolfsburg because of his concussion.
- Luan Candido, Tyler Adams, Hannes Wolf and Ibrahima Konaté all remain sidelined by injury.