On Wednesday, Leipzig's new addition in defence Angeliño was offically presented to the press in a conference with sporting director Markus Krösche.
Angeliño on ...
... why he chose Leipzig:
- "I was i talke with Leipzig for a while. The process and future plans here in Leipzig fascinated me. The club was a draw to me, especially because the are in the Champions League. Leipzig's style of football suits me. It's great to get this chance and I'm happy to be here."
... the Team and his goals:
- "I want to win as much as possible with the club. We've got a good team and I think we all share this goal. I've been out on loan a few times, and it's clear that you have to settle down somewhere. At the end of the day, it's all about game time. I hope to have five good months here, and maybe there will be the option to stay longer."
... The Premier League and Pep Guardiola:
- "I don't see too many differences between the Prem and the Bundesliga. Both leagues stand for attractive attacking football. Julian Nagelsmann and Pep Guardiola are very similar too. Their footballing philosphies share a lot of similarities. Whether it's the training methods or playing style, the goals are the same.
Pep only had good things to say about the Bundesliga and RB Leipzig. He thought it would be the perfect place for me to develop. Although he did say that we aren't suppose to beat Bayern on Sunday!"
... on his debut against Frankfurt:
- "It was a hard game and of course it's not the result we wanted. We need to look ahead and concentrate on the matches to come.
I think I can play better. It takes time to completely adjust to a new team. I'm convinced I can quickly improve here."
Sporting director Markus Krösche:
- "Angeliño has been on our radar for a while. Were were looking at various options in defence, and decided that he fits us best and can add a little something different. Our style is similar to Manchester City's, so he's perfect for us. Yesterday, you could see what he has to offer. He was a threat in the final third."