The league leaders are back! The Bulls will be hoping to add three more points to their total with a win against 5th-placed FC Schalke 04 on Saturday (Kick-off: 15:30 CEST).
Julian Nagelsmann speaks to the press about the upcoming match and his squad's availability.
Head Coach Julian Nagelsmann:
- "Schalke have individual players like Omar Mascarell who are really strong runners. They're active off the ball as a team, defend high up the pitch and now play in a different way compared to recent years. David Wagner has introduced a bold and attractive style of play. I'm hoping they won't be at their best against us!
We want to stop Schalke's attacking players with some aggressive defending. You could see that Armine Harit had something special during his early days at Schalke. He's catching everyone's eye now, he plays with a high tempo and is courageous on the ball. He's scored and created some important goals recently.
Yussuf Poulsen has been tired after the birth of his son and had another day off training today. But we're happy to have him back - he alway works hard off the ball and we missed that a little against Werder Bremen. He's a role model for his teammates with the way he presses the opposition. His mentality is spot on too."
- Konrad Laimer's suspension after his sending off last week keeps him on the sidelines.
- Marcel Halstenberg has been training individually and it is uncertain whether he'll make an appearance.
- Patrik Schick and Luan Candido are also doubts.
- Tyler Adams, Kevin Kampl and Hannes Wolf are still unavailable.