The Bulls travel to bottom-of-the-league SC Paderborn on Saturday. Julian Nagelsmann's men will be looking to use the momentum of recent successes to bring all three points back to Leipzig with a fourth successive Bundesliga win.
Our head coach fielded questions about the upcoming game and his squad's fitness.
Head Coach Julian Nagelsmann:
- "Paderborn played some very attractive football in the second division last season and were rightfully promoted. Their philosophy is to be brave from the off and get the ball forward. They've got pace out wide and up top and they play with style.We will need to show character against Paderborn tomorrow! The guys had a lot to process after Wednesday's game. We want to build on our Champions League success back in the Bundesliga. The Benfica showed us that we can cope with difficult situations and that gives us confidence."
- Péter Gulácsi is sidelined by his head injury, so Yvon Mvogo will start in goal.
- Ibrahima Konaté won't play until the new year and will hopefully train with the team over the winter break.
- Yussuf Poulsen is a doubt for Saturday's match on account of his back problems.
- A decision about Marcel Halstenberg will be made during the team's final training session.
- Hannes Wolf is back training with the team and should be fully available after the winter break.
- Tyler Adams is training with the team again.