The Bulls come up against 13th-placed Mainz 05 at home on Bundesliga matchday 10. The team will be looking to build on their 6-1 win away to Wolfsburg in the DFB-Pokal on Wednesday.
Head coach Julian Nagelsmann discussed the upcoming match and his squad's fitness in this morning's press conference.
Coach Julian Nagelsmann:
- "I don't think Mainz will just sit back. Their philosophy is to defend high up the pitch and press their opposition. We need to stay greedy, defend solidly and force Mainz into tough battles.
Mainz have great fans and a very good coach,with whom I've already had some good times. They are working really well and play attractive football. They have a clear footballing philosophy.
We are obviously very pleased with the cup result this week and want to take that momentum into the game tomorrow. We want to get back to winning ways at home."
+++ Team News +++
- Kevin Kampl is back in training after recovering from illness but is unlikely to feature against Mainz
- Ademola Lookman is still out with a pelvis injury.
- Will Orban is unavailable due to a knee problem.
- Luan Candido, Tyler Adams, Hannes Wolf, Patrick Schick and Ibrahima Konaté remain sidelined by long-term injuries.