Away to Hertha! The Bulls travel to the capital to face Hertha BSC on Saturday and expect to return with all three points.
Julian Nagelsmann discussed the challenge ahead and his team's fitness in his pre-match press conference.
Head Coach Julian Nagelsmann:
- "Hertha play courageous football and have a clear style. They start each of their games with a certain plan and often adapt it at half time. Berlin have a well-balanced squad with a lot of potential. They have a new coach in Ante Covic so inconsistent results are normal for them right now. I'm looking forward to the game and I think it will be an interesting one. We want to cap off our great run of form with another win before the international break.
We have a big enough squad to fill the gaps left by injury. Lukas Klostermann has shown in the last two games how good he is playing in the centre of defence. Konrad Laimer puts his heart and soul into every game, is always at full throttle and always wants to implement the things we work on in training. Marcel Sabitzer is a player who puts in consistently good performances with flashes of brilliance as well. As a coach, I feel I can always rely on him. Marcel has improved a lot. He's a great player and I'm very happy to have him in my team."
- "Hertha BSC are a very good team and they will push us to our limits. We normally play well in Berlin but they have a new coach and some new players so they're a different side now."
- Marcel Halstenberg (hamstring) will miss the game against Hertha BSC and will hopefully return after the international break.
- Willi Orban (knee) is not available for the game this weekend.
- Ibrahima Konaté, Patrik Schick, Tyler Adams and Hannes Wolf are still working towards match fitnesss in training.