Round of 16! This will RBL's first ever knockout game in their history! Julian Nagelsmann's team meets Tottenham Hotspur in Wednesday in London.
Our coach and Leipzig midfield engine Konrad Laimer spoke in the press conference ahead of the hotly anticipated clash in the UK's capital city.
Julian Nagelsmann on...
… the game against Tottenham Hotspur:
- "Both teams have injuries to contend with. This evens things out and means the standard will remain the same. We also don't base our game plan around a single player. Reaching the knockout stages of the Champions League was one of our goals, but on Wednesday we want to show the same kind of passion we showed against Bayern. This is the RB Leipzig way and it serves us well."
… Spurs Coach José Mourinho:
- "I obviously have a huge amount of respect for him. He's won countless titles and has been responsible for some impressive football. Lots of top players have developed under his management and he has been a massive influence on European football."
Konrad Laimer on...
... the last 16 tie against spurs:
- "We're really excited for the game. It's a real career highight to compete in the last 16 of the Champions League and to play in such a phenomenal stadium. As a kid, you always dream of games like this. We know what we want, we know what kind of game we need to play and we will try to do exactly that."
... his contract extension:
- "I took the step and moved to RB Leipzig as a young player and have been able to develop here. The club provides a professional environment and I can still see a lot of potential here. That was a reason for extending my stay - I would like to take the next step with the club."
- Willi Orban, Ibrahima Konaté and Kevin Kampl are all out with long-term injuries
- Dayot Upamecano will serve a yellow-card suspension in the first leg.
- Tyler Adams is still out with a muscle strain.