- "We passed this test of character. We played some good football and scored three goals. We missed a couple of chances to put the game to bed in the second half with a fourth goal. It was close in the end because we struggled to compete physically and didn't defend with enough aggression. Some of the boys were on their last legs. Nevertheless, we got the result we wanted and secured the three points."
- "It's a fine result. We played well and could have scored another couple of goals in the first half. We weren't good enough in the second half but we won and that's what matters.
We've had a very demanding week. Once we went 3-0 up we tried to see out the game but that's not always easy in the Bundesliga. But we held on so we're happy. We have to go to our limits to win matches and we did that again today. Credit to Paderborn as well! They showed how much potential they have in their team."
- "We played really well in the first half and then it went downhill a bit in the second. I am sure tiredness played its part because the game against Benfica on Wednesday took a lot out of us.
We fought together until the end and got the win. It was more dramatic than we would have liked but that's just football sometimes. It was a tough game against a Paderborn side who played with a lot of courage."
- "We slowed down after taking an early 3-0 lead. After the week we've had, it was difficult to move up the gears again. But after their second goal we defended much better and deserved the win.
It was great to play alongside Konrad Laimer, as usual. We know each other very well. We have a lot of confidence as a team and always fight hard. We've dealt well with our injuries and made sure that close games like this go our way."
- "I'm over the moon. My first start and my first goal and, of course, the win. The link-up play in attack worked well. My goal was mainly down to instinct and the fact my first touch was good."