- "It was hard work today. Like I said during the week, Union are a good team that aren't easy to play against. We conceded early on, which should not have been allowed to happen. Before the break, however, we were able to increase the pressure, which was not only important for us but also because we wanted to show the opposition that we were still there and that we wanted to turn the game around. We increased the pressure even more in the second half. In the end, the equaliser was a typical moment from Timo Werner - he had no right to score from this position.
I told the lads before the game that we couldn't rest on our laurels from the first half of the season and that we need to keep on fighting. After conceding today, that's exactly what we did."
- "We proved ourselves in the second half today. We weren't satisfied with our performance and wanted to step things up. We did that against Augsburg before Christmas as well."
- "We didn't start the game very well, but tried to stay on top - even after going behind. Timo Werner's stunner got us going.
We were desperate to win the game. We showed that until the last second and that's something that defines us as a team. A win to start 2020 was very important. We can now build upon tonight."
- "It was a difficult game against a team who defended well for long periods. We always believed in ourselves and turned the game around. Our mentality is one of our best attributes as a side."
- "Well done to the team. We came back brilliantly to take the three points. The table looks really good to us right. We want to stay on top for as long as we possibly can."