The Bulls are back! After completing performance tests at the start of the week, the lads returned to team training on Wednesday ahead of the resumption of the Champions League.
The boys were in high spirits as they performed a number of stability exercises and drills working on formations, before a fitness challenge to finish off the session in front of Julian Nagelsmann. New signings Benjamin Henrichs and Josep Martínez were involved for the first time.
+++ SQUAD UPDATE +++
- Ibrahima Konaté, who still has pains in his hip after a muscle strain, will undergo an operation soon, so he wasn't involved. Marcel Halstenberg (rested after back problems) and Hee-chan Hwang (still in South Korea clearing some formalities) were also missing.
- Yussuf Poulsen (ankle injury), Patrik Schick (back problems) and Marcel Sabitzer (reduced workload after a twisted knee) only completed parts of the session and worked individually afterwards.
- 20th/21th July: Performance tests ✔
- 22nd July: Training begins (behind closed doors)
- 30th July: Friendly against VfL Wolfsburg (behind closed doors)
- 13th August (21:00 CES): Champions League quarterfinal against Atlético Madrid
- 11th-14th September: DFB-Pokal first round
- 18th-21st September: Matchday 1 Bundesliga