With 66 points from 18 wins, 12 draws and four losses, Leipzig ended the 2019/20 Bundesliga season in third place. The team scored a total of 81 goals and conceded 37 on their way to qualifying for the Champions League for the third time in the club's still-short top-flight history.
We can all be proud of such a strong performance from our Bulls. We've pulled together a collection of the best stats from our 2019/20 Bundesliga campaign.
We ended the Bundesliga season with:
For the third season in a row, Timo Werner finished as Leipzig's top goalscorer in the Bundesliga. Werner's 28 goals this term were also a new personal best in a single season, while helping ensure another successful campaign for the club. RBL's 81 goals this season were also a new club high.
ICYMI: Timo Werner (who made the move to Premier League side Chelsea this summer) is Leipzig's all-time top goalscorer, having netted 95 goals for the club.
TOP GOALSCORERS, 2019/20:
- Timo Werner: 28 goals
- Patrik Schick: 10 goals
- Marcel Sabitzer: 9 goals
- Christopher Nkunku: 5 goals
- Emil Forsberg: 5 goals
- Yussuf Poulsen: 5 goals
MOST SHOTS ATTEMPTED:
No player attempted more shots this season at RBL than Timo Werner. League-wide, his 123 attempts are only surpassed by Bayern's Robert Lewandowski.
MOST SHOTS ATTEMPTED, 2019/20:
- Timo Werner: 123 shots
- Marcel Sabitzer: 70 shots
- Christopher Nkunku: 53 shots
- Patrik Schick: 48 shots
- Yussuf Poulsen: 32 shots
Christopher Nkunku, who joined RBL from Paris Saint-Germain last summer, immediately carved out a spot for himself in head coach Julian Nagelsmann's starting line-up. His impressive performances were backed up by a club-high 15 assists.
MOST ASSISTS, 2019/20:
- Christopher Nkunku: 15 assists
- Timo Werner: 8 assists
- Marcel Sabitzer: 8 assists
- Yussuf Poulsen: 7 assists
- Konrad Laimer: 6 assists
MOST GOAL INVOLVEMENTS:
Timo Werner was in fine form all season long, as he proved himself to be an excellent provider as well as a top-quality goalscorer. Werner led the way with a club-high 36 goal involvements this season. Only Bayern's Robert Lewandowski had a hand in more goals this season (38).
MOST GOAL INVOLVEMENTS, 2019/20:
- Timo Werner: 36 goal involvements
- Christopher Nkunku: 20 goal involvements
- Marcel Sabitzer: 17 goal involvements
- Patrik Schick: 12 goal involvements
- Yussuf Poulsen: 12 goal involvements
MOST MINUTES PLAYED:
Péter Gulácsi delivered another strong season between the sticks and featured in 32 of 34 Bundesliga games. Gulácsi's 2,880 minutes played this season are a club high.
ICYMI: Gulácsi kept 10 clean sheets this season and ranked third in terms of total shutouts this season. Only Manuel Neuer (15) and Roman Bürki (13) managed more.
MOST MINUTES PLAYED, 2019/20:
- Péter Gulácsi: 2,880 minutes
- Timo Werner: 2,808 minutes
- Lukas Klostermann: 2,645 minutes
- Marcel Halstenberg: 2,521 minutes
- Marcel Sabitzer: 2,506 minutes
MOST GROUND COVERED:
Overall, the Bulls covered close to 4,000 km this Bundesliga season. Striker Timo Werner led the way here once again, covering a total of 333.5 km in 2019/20.
MOST GROUND COVERED, 2019/20:
- Timo Werner: 333.5 km
- Lukas Klostermann: 325.4 km
- Marcel Sabitzer: 320.1 km
- Marcel Halstenberg: 304.2 km
- Dayot Upamecano: 281.2 km
Not only did Timo Werner cover the most ground for RBL this season, but he also completed a club-high 872 sprints in 2019/20. Werner's speed has been well-known around the league ever since he crowned an impressive full-field dash with a goal against Hamburger SV in 2017/18. The striker's speed was on full display once again this term, as he blew past defenders on a regular basis.
MOST SPRINTS, 2019/20:
- Timo Werner: 872 sprints
- Lukas Klostermann: 670 sprints
- Marcel Sabitzer: 662 sprints
- Christopher Nkunku: 642 sprints
- Marcel Halstenberg: 535 sprints
BEST PASS COMPLETION RATE:
When it comes to completing passes, no RBL player was more accurate this season than Dayot Upamecano. The defender completed an impressive 91 per cent of his passes, putting him amongst the top 10 players league-wide in this category.
BEST PASS COMPLETION RATE, 2019/20:
- Dayot Upamecano: 91 per cent
- Lukas Klostermann: 88 per cent
- Marcel Halstenberg: 87 per cent
- Konrad Laimer: 84 per cent
- Marcel Sabitzer: 78 per cent
- Péter Gulácsi: 78 per cent
Maintaining possession is a key part of head coach Julian Nagelsmann's game plan. Dayot Upamecano led the club in this category, with a total of 2,282 touches this season.
MOST TOUCHES, 2019/20:
- Dayot Upamecano: 2,282 touches
- Marcel Halstenberg: 2,186 touches
- Lukas Klostermann: 2,120 touches
- Marcel Sabitzer: 1,841 touches
- Konrad Laimer: 1,590 touches
MOST CROSSES FROM OPEN PLAY:
No RBL player sent in more crosses from open play this season than Marcel Sabitzer (66). Timo Werner ranked second in this regard, playing in a total of 55 crosses from open play this season.
ICYMI: January signing Angelino proved to be a dangerous option down the wings, playing in a personal best 39 crosses during the second half of the season.
MOST CROSSES FROM OPEN PLAY, 2019/20:
- Marcel Sabitzer: 66 crosses
- Timo Werner: 55 crosses
- Angelino: 39 crosses
- Christopher Nkunku: 26 crosses
- Nordi Mukiele: 22 crosses