Unchained! RB Leipzig release their new Nike home jersey to be worn for the 2020/21 season!
Before it goes on sale on 27th July, the jersey will make its debut on Saturday! Our boys will wear their new kit for RBL's home game against Borussia Dortmund, and hopefully achieve Champions League Qaulification while wearing it.
UNCHAINED. TO RELEASE THE BEAST
Do you want to be one of the first to get your hands on our new kit? Then register for our Jersey Check-In and with a bit of luck, you could even be in with a chance to win two very special prizes:
1) Register to buy the jersey via this link. We are giving away five signed match-worn jerseys from our home game against Borussia Dortmund on Saturday among all registered fans.
2) After registering, you will receive an exclusive link from 27th July (release date), through which you can order one of the first 1,000 jerseys.
3) If you purchase one of the first 1,000 jerseys via this link within three days (27th-29th July), you will also have the chance to secure one of the limited places for a live fan press conference with Julian Nagelsmann in the RBL football academy – including a tour of the training centre.
The winners will be notified via email no later than the 3rd August 2020.
You will only be eligible to win the prizes if you register via the aforementioned system and purchase a jersey via this link (minimum spend of €69.95).
Please use the same email address for both the link and the purchase of the jersey. Signing up for our newsletter is mandatory in order to take part in the prize draw.
Our inspiration for the launch
We had an idea. And then corona happened. We had another idea. And then we went into lockdown. So two of our ideas had to be chucked in the bin, that was the first stumbling block. A kit launch without the players? Then we had our eureka moment. We’ll make it authentic to the current climate: a video call with four typical characters, wild spit-balling of ideas, going with the wackiest ones and realising that chains are always cool – a production without the players and with social distancing. That’s it. The irony of fate. And now the cat’s out of the bag, or should we say alpaca…
The highlight of the new kit is certainly the energetic look running down the side of the jersey. Inspired by the vibrant colours of the Red Bull logo, which have been transformed into a laser-cut print on the side and lend the kit a certain dynamism.
More special features:
- The special feature of our new home jersey is the red lightning “flash pattern” down the side of the shirt. These are complimented by dynamic lines that run harmoniously upwards towards the back of the shirt in the form of two powerful wings. The design underpins what the kit and RB Leipzig stand for; dynamism, power, strength, courage and a hunger for success.
- The V-neck collar is red this time and has a dynamic criss-cross finish at the rear.
- Inside the neck we’ve incorporated the tagline “Die Roten Bullen” and the skyline of the city of Leipzig. These special assets stand for team spirit and symbolise the team’s connection with their fans and the city of Leipzig.
- The modern design on the sleeves reflects the young and creative look of the shirt.
Innovative. Functional. Sustainable.
NIKE DRI-FIT TECHNOLOGY:
Proven Dri-Fit technology keeps you dry and comfortable, and takes the sweat off your body to the outside of the shirt and shorts, where it can evaporate quickly. Laser-cut openings and mesh inserts in key areas of the jersey provide improved air circulation and temperature regulation.
The kit is made from a specially developed material that flows into a mesh material from under the chest to be more breathable and facilitate movement. The breathable material ensures excellent ventilation and the ergonomic seams allow freedom of movement.
Through the use of recycled polyester, Nike has put sustainable innovation of the heart of their kit production. It offers unrivalled performance with minimal environmental impact.
The jersey goes on sale on 27th July and will be available both in our RBL fan shops in Leipzig and online in the Red Bull Shop.
- €89.95 (adults)
- €69.95 (kids)
Of course an away kit, a third kit and a goalkeeper kit are coming soon. More information on those will follow at a later date.