The first of two games this week! On Wednesday (20:30 CEST) the Bulls host Fortuna Düsseldorf in the Red Bull Arena.
On his press conference, RB Leipzig head coach Julian Nagelsmann gave an injury update and discussed the upcoming fixture.
Julian Nagelsmann on ...
… the game against Düsseldorf:
- "Düsseldorf have improved and are much more stable and flexible under Uwe Rösler. But Fortuna have dropped too many points after taking the lead, and have also been really unlucky - like in their last game against BVB.
We need to go to work with full focus and give it a big effort from the word go."
… Leipzig's last three Bundesliga games:
"It's all about winning this game and not looking at the table and possible outcomes, because our goal is to qualify for the Champions League as early as possible. We want to make this the best season in the club's history and three points against Fortuna are the next step towards that."
… Emil Forsberg und Hannes Wolf:
- "Emil Forsberg is a really good footballer. He's proved his quality in the past and has done so this season as well. But he wasn't able to train much during the corona break due to angina. During that time, other players were slightly ahead of him, and I chose them, nothing against Emil. He's be absolutely professional throughout it all and I will call upon him again when he's 100% fit.
With Hannes Wolf we'll have to see how the pain in his foot is doing. I always like to have him available, because he can always provide a bit of aggression in a game. But he's not had an easy start here due to injury, that is clear."
… Timo Werner's value:
- "Timo Werner's value to RB Leipzig is unbelievably high. He's got a brilliant goalscoring record over the seasons. He did that before I arrived at the club, and has replicated it since I've been here. It's extremely impressive."
+++ Squad News +++
- Yussuf Poulsen will not play against Düsseldorf due to a ligament injury.
- Ethan Ampadu is also out for Düsseldorf as he recovers from a back problem.
- Dayot Upamecano has served his ban for a sending off against SC Paderborn and is available for tomorrow night's game.
- Timo Werner and Marcel Sabitzer have both picked up four yellow cards and would pick up a one-match ban should they be booked against Fortuna.