On the hunt for Champions League football. Second-placed Borussia Dortmund come to the Red Bull Arena tomorrow for what should be a real cracker. Kick-off is at 15:30 CEST.
RB Leipzig head coach spoke to the press to discuss our opponents, the current squad situation and Timo Werner's transfer.
Julian Nagelsmann on ...
... the upcoming game:
- "We'll go into the Dortmund game with an attacking mindset, as we usually do, and we want to dictate proceedings ourselves. Dortmund obviously didn't hit the heights against Mainz, but they still have the quality to put in a top performance - even if Achraf Hakimi is suspended. I'm convinced that they'll be desperate to make up for the defeat.
- Unlike Dortmund, who've already qualified for the Champions League, we're still under a bit of pressure. We could've qualified against Fortuna, but we've had some funny games in recent weeks."
... a poor run of home form:
- "We need a home win at all costs and Champions League qualification. We'll reach this goal on Saturday - that's our mantra. We have to match points. We have to take one of them to reach our goal and crown a good season. We will work hard against Dortmund to put in the best performance we can.
- Further cause for motivation is the face that we haven't beaten any of the top teams this season - we want to play well against Dortmund."
... Timo Werner's transfer:
- "It's obviously a shame that Timo is leaving. He was and is a very important player for RB Leipzig. I have no doubt that he will give everything in our final two games. We'd have liked to have him with for the Champions League final tournament in Lisbon - but I completely understand his decision."
+++ Squad News +++
- Yussuf Poulsen and Hannes Wolf are both still our injury.
- Ethan Ampadu is also not fit for Dortmund.
- Konrad Laimer isn't available for BVB either. He's suffering from a cold.
- Timo Werner and Marcel Sabitzer are both on four yellow cards, and would be suspended for the final day should they receive a booking against Dortmund.