Make every moment count! Missao Final continues for the Roten Bullen after an emotional 2-1 win over Atlético Madrid, with a semi-final clash against French heavyweights Paris Saint-Germain in store on Tuesday evening (kick off: 21:00 CEST).
Sporting director Markus Krösche spoke to the media two days before the Champions League semi-final.
Markus Krösche on ...
... the semi-final against Paris Saint-Germain:
- "Paris have a lot of individual talent, there's no question about it. They have a lot of fast players who are strong in duels and always look to take advantage of that. However, everyone here is looking forward to the game and the players know that they have to put in a top performance as a team, and that each individual must push themselves to their limit.
I am confident that Julian Nagelsmann will create the right plan to give us the best chance of winning the game. We will do everything we can to get to the final and will fight right to the very end!"
... Dayot Upamecano:
- "Upa had a fantastic game against Atlético Madrid. He is an extremely talented and interesting player and we're pleased that he has extended his contract here and decided to help us attempt to continue our path to success. He is a grounded and good guy, who can be helped by the media attention.
It is noticeable how much sorting out his future has benefited him; he can focus fully on football with RB Leipzig now. Just like everyone else in the team, he's pleased that we're playing in the Champions League semi-finals."
- "Just like everyone else in the team, Angelino had a great game against Atlético. He feels good here at RB Leipzig and we've said several times that we'd love to keep him here. We're in talks with Manchester City and are looking at ways we can do that."
... Tyler Adams:
- "Tyler has enormous potential and has a fantastic personality for someone his age. He is someone who is an important part of our team and will continue to be in the future. He is an exceptional talent who has made the transition from the MLS to the Bundesliga very quickly."
... potential new signings:
- "We would like to add something in attack and there are some interesting players on the market. However, the most important thing for us is the skills a player would bring to the club and how they could help us achieve our goals in the future."