Episode VI! Leipzig travel to Lyon in first place for the final round of group stage matches. Just a point would be enough for the Bulls to qualify for the round of 16 as group winners.
Head coach Julian Nagelsmann joins up with Diego Demme for the press conference ahead of the game in France. The two speak about the task ahead of them as well as the current injury situation.
Head coach Julian Nagelsmann:
- "My team play a style of football that is emotional, exciting and thrilling to watch. We will go into the game with an offensive mentality because we want to win. The will to win is deeply ingrained within my players. We certainly have all the ingredients to get the win. For us the game is about getting the three points and finishing the group stages successfully.
- Lyon also have their own specific style of football with an emphasis on attacking. Of course they have been playing differently since they changed their manager. Nevertheless, I don't believe they will be much different to the team we faced last time. Furthermore, I'm expecting the atmosphere to be electric in the Groupama Stadium and I'm really looking forward to it."
- Olympique Lyon are very strong offensively with lots of individual quality. Memphis Depay in particular is a world class player. We can't let him out of sight and need to allow him as little space as possible so that he can't play to his strengths. We're also expecting a very hostile atmosphere. But we'vre already got lots of experience of playing in stadiums like that so we know how to deal with it.
- We're going into the game tomorrow with the aim of taking home all three points, just like in any other match. We're in great form at the moment and I'm confident that we will win the game and qualify for the round of 16 as group winners."
- Ademola Lookman doesn't make the squad due to the adjusted Champions League squad sizes.
- Amadou Haidara currently has two yellow cards; one more would earn him a suspension for the round of 16.
- Hannes Wolf is in the squad after recently making his Bundesliga debut.
- Anthony Taylor will officiate the game.