The 23-year-old joined the club in August 2014 from VfL Bochum and in that time has made his way all the way up to the Germany national team, where he made his debut on 20th March 2019.
The defender already has a memorable highlights reel at RB Leipzig, from securing promotion to the Bundesliga, to reaching the DFB-Pokal final in 2019/2020 and qualifying for the Champions League quarterfinals in 2020/21.
An immensly versatile player, Lukas Klostermann has already made 159 RBL appearances, in which he has scored eleven goals and scored ten assists.
- "I'm pleased to have extended with RB Leipzig and that I now have clarity about my future. I have been here in Leipzig for years and I have developed a lot here, personally and as a player. I look back on a succesfull journey so far with the club; there is so much potential for more success in the future and I want to be a part of it. I feel very happy here and in this city, I have always had their backing and I became an international here."
SPORTING DIRECTOR MARKUS KRÖSCHE:
- "Lukas is one of our most consistent players and as already a very experienced player who has made incredible jumps in his development, still only 23 years old. We're very happy to have extended his contract until 2024. Defensively he is very versatile, which gives us many options. Lukas is very important to us and we're convinced that his important to us and the team will continue to grow."
- Date of birth: 03rd June 1996 (Gevelsberg)
- Age: 23 years old
- Nationality: German
- Shirt numbe: 16
- Height: 1,89 Meter
- Position: Central defender/right back
- 76 Bundesliga appearances | 8 goals | 2 assists
- 14 Champions League appearances | 1 assist
- 9 Europa League appearances
- 43 2. Bundesliga appearances | 2 goals | 5 assists
- 12 DFB Pokal appearances | 1 goal | 2 assists
- 5 appearances Europa League qualification
- 8 appearances for Germany national team
- 22 appearnaces for Germany U21 national team