Ahead of Wednesday's Champions League match against Tottenham, the club is delighted to annouce that midfielder Konrad Laimer has extended his contract until 2023.
The 23-year-old Austrian made the move from FC Red Bull Salzburg to Leipzig in summer 2017. The Austria international (7 caps) has previously been named as Austria's Player of the Year.
Laimer's biggest honour with die Roten Bullen to date has been reaching the finals of the DFB-Pokal last season, as well as advancing to the Europa League quarterfinals (2017/18) and the Champions League round of 16 this term.
The midfielder made his 100th competitive appearance for RBL (6 goals) in the away game against Bayern München.
- "I've enjoyed a very successful time at RB Leipzig so far and feel at home both at the club and within the team. My development here has been very positive overall, and I'm convinced that I'll be able to take my next steps here within the very professional and highly-ambitious environment provided by the club and the team. This season, we're once again proving that we've grown as a team and I want to keep contributing in the future so that we continue to be successful."
- "We're very pleased that Konrad Laimer has extended his contract with us until 2023. Konny is a very important player for us, he's able to play various positions and gives his all in every match. At the same time, Konny possesses a very strong mentality and his personality fits perfectly with our philosophy. He's undergone a tremendous growth over the last few years, both tactically and technically and he's become one of our key players. He will continue to be an important cornerstone for our squad and our goals as a club in the years to come. He definitely has not reached his full potential yet. As such, we're very pleased to have been able to confirm that he will continue on this path with us."
- Birthday: 27th May 1997 (in Salzburg)
- Age: 22
- Nationality: Austria
- Number: 27
- Shoots: Right-footed
- Height: 1,80m
- Position: Midfield
CAREER AT RBL:
- 71 Bundesliga appearances | 3 goals | 6 assists
- 7 Champions League appearances | 1 goal
- 11 DFB-Pokal appearances | 1 goal | 1 assist
- 10 Europa League appearances | 1 goal | 1 assist
- 2 Europa League qualification appearances
101 games | 6 goals | 8 n
DFB-Pokal final (2019)
Europa League quarterfinals (2018)
Champions League round of 16 (2020)