A key player is staying! RB Leipzig have extended Kevin Kampl's contract until June 2023.
The 29-year-old moved to Leipzig from Bayer Leverkusen in August 2017. Since then, he has played in 89 competitive matches for RB, scoring six goals and laying 15 on for his teammates.
- "I'm really pleased about my contract extension. My family and I feel right at home here and Leipzig has become a second home to us. Despite my injury, the club made it clear that they would like to keep me for the coming years and I think I've paid back their support since my return. I'm excited for the future, there's a lot we want to achieve and I want to play my part as an expierenced man in a young and talented team."
SPORTING DIRECTOR MARKUS KRÖSCHE:
- "Kevin is one of the real leaders in our team, both on and off the pitch. He has shown since returning from his long-term injury how important he is for us and how he embodies the way we want to play football. We're really happy that he has extended his contract early for a further two years and that we've managed to secure enough key player's future here."
- Date of birth: 9th October 1990 (Solingen)
- Age: 29
- Nationality: Slovenian
- Shirt number: 44
- Height: 1.78m
- Position: Central midfield
Stats at RBL:
- Overall: 89 games | 6 goals | 15 assists
- Bundesliga: 63 games | 5 goals | 11 assists
- DFB-Pokal: 6 games
- UEFA Champions League: 8 games | 1 assists
- UEFA Europa League: 12 games | 1 goal | 3 assists
TODAY ONLY: 44% off shirts!
In honour of Kevin Kampl's number 44, get 44% off one of our home and away shirts just for today (incl. kids)!
Click here to go straight to our fan shop.
Use code KAMPL44 when placing your order.