It's just around the corner; the Champions League Round of 16! RB Leipzig head to London for the first lef of a European clash with last year's finalists Tottenham Hotspur. The Bulls will be hoping to lay the groundwork for qualification to the quarterfinals
Leipzig forwards Timo Werner and Yussuf Poulsen gave us their thoughts on the meaning of the tie in Europe's premiere club competition, and on José Mourinho's side.
Timo Werner on ...
... the road to the Round of 16:
- "In the group stages, we showed that we were at least on par with each of our opponents. The fact that we topped a group that had no clear favourite, is remarkable.
We came back in the important moments and secured first place."
... Tottenham Hotspur:
- "Tottenham are a top team and have a great head coach. Of course we know that the Tottenham Stadium is a great setting, and it'll be a great game of football. We're coming up against a team that will make it really difficult.
But we're confident enough to put our own stamp on the game."
... the game in north London:
- "We're looking forward to it. We've got nothing to lose and want to have fun in the game in London. That's the right attitude for a game like this.
Tottenham don't really know about us. I hope they know after the two legs."
Yussuf Poulsen on ...
... the game in the Tottenham Stadium:
- "It will definitely be an exciting game. Spurs reached the final last year. We know that they're a really good team.
We'll do everything we can to progress. We need to be on top form on Wednesday evening."
... what the game means:
- "Even if I have played a few European games, I always get goosebumps when I hear the Champions League anthem.
We're now just looking at the two games we have to play. Anything else is a bonus."