It turns out that RB Leipzig midfielder Konraid Laimer isn't just good with the ball at his feet, but that he's pretty handy with a hoover too! The 22-year-old has a lot of qualities both on and off the pitch, the former we've seen time and time again in his 105 competitive appearances for Die Roten Bullen so far. There's sure to be plenty more to come too, with the Austrian recently extending his contract at the club until 2023.
Konny appeared on German TV station MDR's 'Sport im Osten' recently to discuss his goals with RB Leipzig, everyday life during the Coronavirus pandemic and his skills around the house.
Konrad Laimer on...
…everyday life during the Coronavirus pandemic:
- "We've done a good spring clean and scrubbed the whole of the patio. I've read a book too and sometimes I play the PlayStation. We do a lot of cooking as well. The days go by fairly quickly, but obviously I'm hoping that I can do what I love again very soon, which is being on the football pitch with my teammates."
…what he's been reading at home:
- "I read 'Mamba Mentality' by Kobe Bryant. There were a lot of pictures in it though, so I got through it fairly quickly."
…his skills around the house:
- "I'm really good at hoovering, and I actually quite enjoy it! There's room for improvement when it comes to cleaning the bathroom though. I'm particularly useless at cleaning mirrors."
...his contract extension:
- "Everything suits me at RB Leipzig. I feel very much at home here and am delighted to have extended. I'm looking forward to developing even more and taking the next steps here in the coming years."
...his goals with RB Leipzig:
- "The dream is winning the league, but it's not really the focus right now. We're currently in third place and there are other things to worry about. But I would be ecstatic if that were to happen one day. We have a good, young squad, a good, young head coach and a great team around him. We have big goals for the next years and there's lots I want to achieve with the club."