Ethan Ampadu becomes the fourth summer signing for RB Leipzig. The 18-year-old Welshman arrives on a one-year loan from Premier League side Chelsea FC and will wear the number 26 shirt.
Ampadu was in the Exeter City youth system between 2008 and 2017, before signing a professional contract with Chelsea. He has one Premier League appearance to his name, but has already featured in several cup and European matches for the Blues as a defender or holding midfielder.
The youngster has been capped eight times by Wales.
Sporting director MARKUS KRÖSCHE:
- "We're delighted to have been able to secure a one-year loan deal for Ethan Ampadu. He's only 18, but he already has a wealth of international experience and can play in both defence and holding midfield.
Despite a number of offers in England, Ethan decided to join us. He is another top talent for the club and his versatility gives us more variety in the squad."
NEW SIGNING ETHAN AMPADU:
- "I'm delighted to be at RB Leipzig and can't wait to start the season with my new team. I want to get to know the lads and integrate into the team as quickly as possible.
I have followed the club in recent years and have seen how well young players have developed here and how much potential this club has, so it's the perfect step for me."
- Born: 14th September 2000 in Exeter (England)
- Age: 18 years old
- Nationality: Welsh
- Stronger foot: right
- Height: 1.82 metres
- Position: Centre back | Defensive midfield
- 07/2017 to 08/2019: Chelsea FC
- 2008 to 06/2017: Exeter City FC (youth)
- Premier League: 1 game
- Premier League 2: 13 games | 1 goal
- FA Cup: 6 games | 1 assist
- EFL Cup: 5 games
- UEFA Europa League: 3 games
- UEFA Youth League: 7 games
- Wales: 8 caps