Matheus Cunha leaves RB Leipzig. The 20-year-old Brazilian moves to the capital to join Hertha BSC with immediate effect. The team placed 13th in the Bundesliga table have signed the attacker on a permanent deal.
Matheus joined Leipzig back in the summer of 2018 from Swiss side FC Sion, making a total of 52 competitive appearances for the club. His famous goal against Bayer Leverkusen will be particularly remembered.
Obrigado e adeus, Matheus! We wish you all the best for the next chapter in your career!
- Name: Matheus Santos Carneiro Da Cunha
- Date of birth: 27th May 1999 in Joao Pessoa (Brazil)
- Age: 20
- Nationality: Brazil
- Position: Striker
- 35 Bundesliga appearances | 2 goals | 2 assists
- 2 Champions-League appearances
- 6 Europa League appearances | 3 goals
- 6 Europa League qualifier appearances | 3 goals | 1 assist
- 3 DFB Pokal appearances | 1 goal
52 matches | 9 goals | 6 assists
DFB Pokal final 2019