Christopher Nkunku has joined RB Leipzig from Paris Saint-Germain, signing a contract until 2024.
The 21-year-old was a part of PSG's youth academy from 2010 to 2015, until he finally made his debut, aged 18, in 2015. Last season, Nkunku made 29 appearances, scoring four goals and assisting two. He won three Ligue 1 titles and two Coupes de France with PSG.
Nkunku has been capped six times for the France U21s.
Sporting director Markus krösche:
- "With his ability, Christopher Nkunku fits our profile very well. He's a dynamic and versatile player in attack, and can bring a lot of variety to our game. We're pleased that such a highly-talented attacking player has decided to join us, and we're convinced that he will help us with his quality."
- "I'm overjoyed to be a RB Leipzig player. I've heard a lot about the club and I'm convinced that the way they play football here suits me very well. I even know a few of my new teammates - I played together with Jean-Kévin Augustin in Paris, and know Dayot Upamecano and Nordi Mukiele from the France U21s. As a result, I'm optimistic that I can quickly find my feet here."
- Date of birth: 14th November 1997 in Lagny-sur-Marne (France)
- Age: 21
- Nationality: France
- Preferred foot: Right
- Height: 1,75m
- Weight: 68kg
- Position: Midfielder
- 12/2015 until 07/2019: Paris Saint-Germain
- 07/2015 until 11/2015: Paris Saint-Germain B
- 2010 until 06/2015: Paris Saint-Germain Youth
- 2009 until 2010: RCP Fontainebleau
- 2003 until 2009: AS Marolles
- Ligue 1: 55 games | 8 goals | 2 assists
- Coupe de France: 12 games | 2 goals | 1 assist
- Coupe de la Ligue: 7 games | 1 assist
- French Supercup: 2 games | 1 goal
- UEFA Champions League: 2 games
- UEFA Youth League: 17 games | 9 goals | 6 assists
- U21 France National Team: 6 games