The games keep coming thick and fast for Die Roten Bullen. Just three days after a solid Europa League win over Celtic, RB Leipzig are back in Bundesliga action on Sunday, taking on FC Schalke 04 in the Red Bull Arena from 15:30 CET.
Coach Ralf Rangnick spoke to the media ahead of the clash with the Royal Blues to talk about team news and more.
- "We know that we can't judge Schalke based on their current position in the table. It won't be easy for us either, as they've had a day extra to recover. However, if we can work as hard off the ball as we have lately, then we have every chance of winning. It will be important to make the most of our counterattacks though.
Schalke are very strong physically. We will need to be the same if we want to limit their chances. It helps that Dayot Upamecano has really found his form again.
Being solid defensively gives us the confidence that we can win a game by scoring just one or two goals.
We've won the first of three home games that we have in the space of a week, so we want to kick on and get another three points on Sunday in the Bundesliga. Our fans were superb against Celtic and we're really looking forward to another fantastic atmosphere on Sunday. Hopefully we can give them a reason to celebrate again."
- Emil Forsberg misses out once again with a groin problem.
- Ibrahima Konaté has recovered from his cold and will be in the squad on Sunday.
- Diego Demme is also set to return after shaking off a calf problem.
- Dr. Felix Brych from Munich will be Sunday's referee.