Just three days after travelling to Glasgow for Thursday's Europa League match, RB Leipzig are back in Bundesliga action against Bayer 04 Leverkusen. The match kicks off at 15:30 CET at home in the Red Bull Arena.
Ahead of the game, Ralf Rangnick spoke about RBL's upcoming opponents and gave an update on the squad.
- "We know the strengths and weaknesses of Leverkusen. They are good going forward, but have shown this season, especially in recent games, that they are also susceptible to the counter.
Leverkusen have a good tempo going forward and a lot of quality. We've got to be awake and defend well, and then go forward and attack aggressively.
We've got to build on the many good games that we've had in the past few weeks. It's an important game. We want to get higher in the table with a win and develop what we've been working on even further."
- Marcelo Saracchi was forced off after just 16 minutes in Glasgow due to a problem with his thigh muscle. The defender will not be in the squad to face Leverkusen.
- Yussuf Poulsen has recovered from his back problem as much as possible and should be fit.
- Timo Werner has been suffering with a bruised toe. He will be assessed after Saturday's final training session, and if judged fit could play a part in Sunday's game.
- Emil Forsberg remains out due to a groin problem.
- Marcel Sabitzer has currently accrued four yellow cards this season. If he picks up another in Sunday's game, he will receive a one-match ban.