There's great news to report on the personnel front today, with centre back Ibrahima Konaté agreeting a one-year extension with RB Leipzig, keeping him at the club until June 2023.
The 19-year-old joined in summer 2017 from French second-tier side FC Sochaux. After two appearances with the U19s, the Paris-born defender soon earned a place in the first team and formed the Bundesliga's youngest centre-back pairing alongside 20-year-old Dayout Upamecano.
Konaté's biggest success with Die Roten Bullen so far is last season's run to the quarterfinals of the UEFA Europa League.
Bonne Chance, Ibou!
SPorting director / HEAD coach RALF RANGNICK:
- "Ibrahima Konaté has developed brilliantly here so far and his qualities have led to him becoming an integral member of our defence. He's only 19, but he already has a lot of experience in the Bundesliga and on the European stage. We are convinced of his huge potential and think that he will take huge strides with us over the coming months and years. We're delighted to have agreed an early contract extension."
- "I am very happy to have extended my deal at RB Leipzig. It's a great place for me to carry on my development as a player and as a person. The club has put a lot of faith in me and I want to keep working hard to improve even further."
- Date of birth: 25th May 1999 (Paris)
- Age: 19 years old
- Nationality: French
- Squad number: 6
- Preferred foot: Right
- Height: 1.92 metres
- Position: Centre back
RBL FIRST-TEAM STATS:
- 29 Bundesliga appearances
- 2 DFB-Pokal appearances
- 7 Europa League appearances | 1 goal
- 6 Europa League qualifying appearances | 1 goal
44 competitive games | 2 goals
Europa League quarterfinalist 2018