The Bundesliga is back! Die Roten Bullen return to competitive action in 2019 on Saturday at 18:30 CET, when they welcome league leaders Borussia Dortmund to the Red Bull Arena.
Head coach Ralf Rangnick answered the media's questions ahead of the matchday 18 clash in front of a sell-out crown in Leipzig.
- "We're still unbeaten against Dortmund at home. If we want to get three points on Saturday, we will need to play as a team. We need to put our opponents under pressure and force mistakes."
"We're up against the most prolific team in the league in BVB, but they're up against the strongest defence. We will need to be strong at the back and make the right decisions at the right moments. If we then also take our chances, we can win the game. I'm really looking forward to playing in front of a sell-our crowd."
"I know Lucien Favre very well from old times. The versatile nature of Dortmund's play has got Lucien written all over it. The club also managed to make some great transfers in the summer with the likes of Alex Witsel, Thomas Delaney and Paco Alcacer. Those are just some of the reasons behind BVB's success."
- Kevin Kampl is available to play after recovering from a toe problem and is likely to feature on Saturday.
- Bruma took a knock to his ankle in the friendly against Galatasaray and will miss the match.
- Emil Forsberg (adductor problems) only returned to team training on Tuesday and so will not be rushed back in against BVB.
- Stefan Ilsanker remains suspended following his red card against Bayern.