The third game of our Europa League campaign is approaching! On Thursday evening (kick-off 18:55 CEST), Die Roten Bullen face Celtic.
Ahead of the match, head coach Ralf Rangnick and midfielder Kevin Kampl spoke about the meeting with the Scottish Premiership side.
- "We know the type of play that Brendan Rodgers likes to utilitse. We are expecting a team that plays very good technical football and that will try to look for opportunities through their full-backs. Celtic have very interesting and talented players. At the end of the day, the result depends on how the team plays as a whole.
The two games between RB Leipzig and Celtig will be critical as to who makes it out of the group and into the knockout stage. It's therefore very clear that we undoubtedly want to win. Celtic will of course want the same. It will be no easy feat and I expect two very entertaining games against them.
There is an amazing atmosphere in Celtic Park. However there will also be a great feeling on Thursday evening at the Red Bull Arena, which we're very much looking forward to."
- "We're really looking forward to both games against Celtic. There will be a great atmosphere in both the home and away tie and we're really excited about it. Naturally we want to win both games."
- Emil Forsberg is out due to a groin injury.
- Ibrahima Konaté is also unavailable for the clash due to illness.
- Diego Demme is unavailable for Wednesday due to a calf problem.
- Timo Werner trained individually on Wednesday due to a muscle problem, however, he will likely be in the squad.
- Under-19s player Erik Majetschak will be involved in the first-team setup on Thursday.