After a successful start to the second half of the Bundesliga season, Die Roten Bullen welcome Wolfsburg tomorrow evening in the DFB-Pokal. Kick-off in the Red Bull Arena is 18:30 CET.
Ahead of the game, coach Ralf Rangnick previewed the game and gave an update on the squad.
- "We must see who's available tomorrow and put out the best team available. I'm not saying that everyone who's a doubt will definitely miss out.
Tomorrow's game obviously won't be easy. In the first half of the season, we deservedly lost to the Wolves in the Bundesliga. We didn't do enough both on and off the ball, and we've learnt from that defeat since.
Wolfsburg are playing very well at the moment, particularly off the ball. It will be tough, but the lads are excited for tomorrow's match and are each looking forward to the challenge. We have enough confidence and strength in the team to go in well-prepared. We want to reach the DFB Pokal quarter finals for the first time in the club's history!"
- Péter Gulácsi is a doubt due to a muscular problem.
- Kevin Kampl misses out due to an ankle problem.
- Lukas Klostermann and Diego Demme are doubts, with both players suffering from muscular problems.
- Timo Werner and Marcel Sabitzer are doubts due to flu.
- Marcelo Saracchi is suspended and won't be in the squad.
- New signing Emile Smith Rowe will not be involved: "In two or three weeks, when he's hopefully able to fully train, we will of course start introducing him into the team," said Rangnick.