Ralf Rangnick and Yussuf Poulsen on...
... Poulsen's contract extension until 2022:
- Ralf Rangnick: "We agreed to extend Yussuf Poulsen's contract for another year. We're very pleased! We have a strong relationship with him - everyone can see that. Yussi is invaluable to us. Yussi is a prime example of what happens when talent, the right mentality, strong characteristics and good habits all come together. He has been an absolute top player for us, and we're looking forward to more goals from him."
Yussuf Poulsen: "I'm very pleased about the agreement and the opportunity to continue my time at the club. I have grown here together with RB Leipzig. Therefore, I'm even more pleased that we can continue side by side in the future."
... Saturday's game vs. FC Schalke 04:
- Ralf Rangnick: "After finishing runners-up last year, Schalke certainly didn't count on the table currently looking like it does. Such things can happen. It's not an easy time for them, but I still hold Domenico Tedesco in high regard. He is a brilliant, young coach. After their 7-0 loss against Man City, a reaction will be expected from Schalke. I think they will go out on Saturday with a lot more grit. We will concentrate on our formation and strategy ahead of the game. We have to put in a good performance for ourselves. If we do that as a team, like we have done recently on the road, we'll have an advantage which we then must make the most of."
Yussuf Poulsen: "We must make the most of the big chances we create, and score. That will be the most important thing against Schalke. You should never forget that there is no weak team in the Bundesliga, regardless of their current situation."
- Diego Demme has trained this week, but Saturday's game comes too soon.
- Yussuf Poulsen should be fit to play, but a decision will nonetheless be made after final training on Friday.
- Amadou Haidara could be an option for the squad.