Tyler Adams will move to RB Leipzig from New York Red Bulls once the transfer window opens on the 1st January 2019.
The 19-year-old reached the MLS Conference Final with New York this year, losing to Atlanta United in the final. The central midfielder will strengthen the RB Leipzig squad for the second half of the season. He has signed a long-term contract until 2023.
Tyler came through the New York Red Bulls Academy, and broke into the first team at the start of 2016.
He made his debut for the USA senior national team in November 2017, and has since made nine appearances for the side, scoring one goal.
- "We have been following Tyler's progress intensely for some time now. This season, despite being just 19 years old, he put in some brilliant performances for New York Red Bulls, and he's also been playing for the USA senior team since November 2017.
We're convinced that Tyler is in the right position to strengthen our central midfield. We're really pleased that he's moving here and we're certain that he'll make the next step in his development in the Bundesliga."
- "As a young player, it's something quite special to soon be playing in the Bundesliga, because I think of this league when I think of a lot of young talents have made the next step in their development in the Bundesliga. That's a philosophy Leipzig have, so it's the right move for me to continue my development.
For me, it's a chance to prove myself at a top level and go toe-to-toe with my friends and compatriots, like Christian Pulisic of Dortmund and Weston McKennie of Schalke. I'm looking forward to the brilliant atsmophere that you get in German stadia, as well as all the new experiences which I will get under my belt playing in Europe."
- Date of birth: 14th February 1999 (in Wappingers Falls/New York)
- Age: 19
- Nationality: American
- Preferred Foot: right
- Height: 1.76m
- Position: central midfield
- Shirt number: 14
- 01/2016 until 12/2018: New York Red Bulls
- 03/2015 until 12/2015: New York Red Bulls (2nd Team)
- Youth Club: New York Red Bulls Academy
- Major League Soccer: 52 Games | 2 Goals| 6 Assists
- USL Championship (USA 2nd league): 29 Games | 3 Goals
- CONCACAF Champions League: 9 Games | 1 Goal | 1 Assist
- MLS Cup Play-offs: 7 Games | 2 Assists
- US Open Cup: 7 Games | 1 Assist
- National Team: 9 Senior Appearances | 1 Goal | 1 Assist